Roots is dedicated to cooking, purveying and educating Charlotte on local food in the Carolinas. We do this by operating our local centric gourmet food truck, teaching cooking classes, and catering weddings and special events with only the freshest, locally sourced ingredients. Whether you are looking to cater an intimate dinner or a wedding for 300 guests, we have professional chefs and event designers who can help you every step of the way.
What Makes Us Different?
- Each menu is fully customized for your specific event so no two menus have to be the same.
- Our food is sourced from local farms ensuring the highest quality and taste.
- Our food truck is fully rentable for any type of event you have. (It’s a great conversation piece!)
- For weddings and events you will be assigned a personal coordinator to ensure setup and execution is flawless.
- We have our own in-house rental and design team for you to utilize for items such as favors, decor, and overall details.
Our Chefs work hard to create flawless meals that are original and cooked perfectly based on your preferences. At Roots we know that the success of your event is based on our ability to listen to your needs and see your vision. That is why we like to setup a time to sit down or talk on the phone and plan out a custom menu that fits the needs of your event and those guests attending. We take into account taste profiles, food allergies or restrictions, and menus for children attending the event. Every client is encouraged to setup a tasting before their event so they know exactly what to expect. This can be a once in a lifetime occasion and your trust in us is of great importance. Roots always offers free estimates and is more than happy to schedule a meeting at your convenience. You can contact us at 704-975-1691 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
- “The was the best part of the wedding. The FOOD!!! Amazing can’t say enough positive things about them. Everyone loved the food.”
-“Our wedding reception was catered by Craig Barbour and his crew at the Hodges Farm. We purposely chose Roots because of their commitment to locally sourced farm food.The food, the service, the people were all fabulous!” ~ Joyce
-“One word: WOW. We cannot say enough about the quality of the food and service that we received from Roots! Our guests are still talking about how amazing the food was almost a month after the event!” ~Kelly
-“Roots was not only the caterer for our rehearsal dinner at The Old Mecklenburg Brewery, but they also delivered breakfast trays to the bridal suite on Saturday morning as well as served our guests the BEST late night eats from their famous food truck after our reception at The Mint Museum in Uptown Charlotte!” ~Stephanie
Example Menus for…
- Rehearsal Dinners, Wedding Receptions & Late Night Snacks
- Intimate Dinner Parties, Backyard BBQ’s, Church Events
- Corporate Lunches, Office Parties, Open Houses,
- Farm to Fork, Private Cooking Class Parties, Fundraisers
*All menus can be customized to your personal preference. These menus are meant to entice and spark your creativity and are by no means all we are limited to. We can create any menu you would like so that it fits your style, that of your guests and the type of event you are having.
Please fill out the request form below to inquire about availability and rates